Monday, February 23, 2009

5 reasons to Heart Jason Schwartzman

Sure Jason Schwartzman may have been born into a film family with all of Hollywood at his fingertips, so what?  That doesn't take away from the fact that dude actually has talent, lots of it (unlike his can't-act-worth-shit cousin Nick Cage).  So who cares who his uncle or cousins are  (although Sofia is also an amazing genius whom I adore).   There are so many reasons to love this guy.  

My top 5
Rushmore - his first film was a Wes Anderson film, could anyone else have played this role so well? 
I heart Huckabees - the perfect part in quirky into to existentialism 
West Coast video from Nighttiming a great for this great song on a great album  
The Darjeeling Limited - one of my favorite Wes Anderson films, Jason was brilliant in it and got a writing credit.  I cannot wait for Fantastic Mr. Fox.  

Coconut Records - Davy
Newest Coconut Records album, came out last month, digging it

Someday when all my dreams come true JS will star in my yet-to-be-written indie film.