Friday, December 5, 2008

Santa Grannies on Mopeds and Helio Sequence

I sweat my ass of in Griffith Park today jogging/hiking. It's December and was almost 80%. That's Indian summer anywhere else I've ever lived. I don't think I'm ever going to get used to this. I'm going to go into shock when I get off the plane in Boise for the holidays.

On my way back to my car a group of grannies in shorts and santa hats riding matching shiny red mopeds with Christmas bows cruised past me.

Seriously? Only in LA.

I think they may have even been singing christmas carols. Although I may have imagined the whole thing in my complexed weather confused state.

I'll just keep my apartment cold, wear sweats inside, drink hot tea, and pretend that it is indeed winter.

On another random note I love this Helio Sequence Album. I just heard one of the songs on a podcast during my hike and remembered how much I love it.

Keep Your Eyes Ahead